What is “In-Memory Computing”?
The in-memory computing is known to be an emerging technology for processing data stored in-memory database. To find out more on where in-memory technology, historically came from, you can read on GridGain Systems here: https://www.gridgain.com/wiki/Types_of_In-Memory_Computing.
Who is GridGain?
GridGain Systems is a privately held information technology company, established in 2007, with its headquarters located in Foster City, California. The company provides software and services for big data systems by utilizing in-memory computing to increase data throughput and minimize latency. To date, the company is the in-memory computing leader globally. Grid Gain partnership programs covered in three categories:
- System Integrators i.e. AgileLab, Axicor
- ISV/IHV/Cloud Partners i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Fujitsu, Google Cloud Platform, IBM
- Technology Partners i.e. Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Tableau
GridGain Webinars About In-Memory Computing Essentials
Part 1 webinar with Denis Magda, GridGain Director of Product Management and Apache Ignite PMC Chairman
Part 2 webinar with Akmal Chaudhri, Technology Product Evangelist for GridGain and Apache Ignite
Introductory Hands-On Workshop
This is the first collaborative workshop between DataViz My and GridGain. Attendees will be introduced to the fundamental capabilities of in-memory computing platforms that boost high-load applications and services, and bring existing IT architecture to the next level by storing and processing massive quantities of data both in RAM and, optionally, on disk. The capabilities and benefits of such platforms will be demonstrated with the use of Apache Ignite, which is an in-memory computing platform that is durable, strongly consistent, and highly available with powerful Key-Value, SQL and Compute APIs.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will know how to:
- Configure and deploy Apache Ignite clusters.
- Partition and replicate data.
- Process distributed data sets using Key-Value, SQL and Compute APIs.
- Apply collocated processing in practice.
- Configure SQL schemas.
- Enable and utilise persistence.
Attendees will also be introduced to:
- Turbocharging SQL queries when working with existing Relational database systems.
- Sharing data and state across multiple Spark jobs using RDDs and DataFrames.
- Using Ignite’s Machine Learning library for Data Science.
- Easing DevOps dilemmas by using Ignite with Kubernetes.
The workshop is based on the Java programming language. Attendees should be familiar with Java language basics.
- Ensure that you have Java 1.8 or higher installed.
- An IDE is recommended, such as the Community Edition of IntelliJ: https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/
- Download the GitHub repo: https://github.com/dmagda/ImcEssentials
(*subject to change)
|11 am – 12 pm||
|12 pm – 1 pm|
|1 pm – 2 pm||Lunch & networking|
|2 pm – 3 pm||Apache Ignite showcase – Part 2 by Akmal Chaudhri*|
|3 pm – 3.15 pm||Closing remarks|
Akmal Chaudhri is GridGain‘s technology evangelist. His role is to help build the global Apache Ignite community and raise awareness through presentations and technical writing. He has over 25 years experience in IT and has previously held roles as a developer, consultant, product strategist, evangelist and technical trainer. He has worked for several blue-chip companies, such as Reuters and IBM, and also the Big Data startups Hortonworks (Hadoop) and DataStax (Cassandra NoSQL Database). He has regularly presented at many international conferences and served on the program committees for a number of major conferences and workshops. He has published and presented widely and edited or co-edited 10 books. He holds a BSc (1st Class Hons.) in Computing and Information Systems, MSc in Business Systems Analysis and Design and a PhD in Computer Science. He is a Member of the British Computer Society (MBCS) and a Chartered IT Professional (CITP).
- Name: Hazwany (Nany) Jamaluddin
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: +60192235792 (What’s App only)
- Book your seat on Eventbrite: http://bit.ly/GridGainDataVizMy (free admission)
- Lunch, coffee and tea will be provided during the workshop.
- Limited seat available to only 30 people. In case if you’re unable to attend, kindly inform us in advance (at least 14 working days before the event start) so that we re-open your seat to folks who are interested to participate.
- A full free conference pass to In-Memory Computing Summit 2019 will be given to all attendees. The value of the pass is about US$600. Attendees who receive this pass will have to make own travel arrangements to the event in Europe or the USA. The In-Memory Computing Summit is held bi-annually in Silicon Valley and Europe. The European conferences are held in Spring and the Silicon Valley conference are held in the autumn. These conferences focus on IMC-related technologies and solutions. They are attended by technical decision-makers, business decision-makers, architects, CTOs, developers — and more — who make or influence purchasing decisions about in-memory computing, Big Data, Fast Data, IoT and HPC solutions. The Summits feature technical breakout sessions, keynotes, and networking receptions.